BIGTM enjoys endorsements from some of the world's most credible deployments in the identity management space including the Indonesian National Card Program. The program is one of the world's largest Civil Identity deployments based on multi modal biometrics – face, finger and iris.
The program aims at building a national repository of unique resident identities with an ultimate goal of expanding efficiency, convenience and security for Indonesian residents in multiple aspects of government and commercial transactions. This is being accomplished by enrolling 172 million residents from 6457 sub districts and setting-up an automated multi-biometric identification system..
Under the program, an electronic ID card (eKTP – Electronic Kartu Tanda Penduduk) is issued to the residents with a unique number along with encrypted fingerprint, photo and demographic data. The unique number is used for online verification whereas the fingerprints are for offline authentication.
Indonesian National ID Card: Program Highlights
- Largest multimodal biometrics (face, finger and iris) National ID Program with smart card
- Post award, went live in less than 2 months; nation-wide deployment in 3 months
- 4000 plus enrollment stations across 7000 locations with more than 5000 locations uploading data at the same time
- Record of 100 million enrollments and de-duplications in less than a year
- Peak de-duplication of more than 1 million identities per day
Indonesian National ID Card: Solution Specifics
- Manages high latency in networks as 70% connections use VSAT to cover remote areas
- Designed to achieve zero transaction loss
- Smart and secure data logistics software for offline data movement and synchronization
- Achieved 40% higher accuracy than required through adaptive intensive biometric matching during low loads – optimal usage of resources
- Full leverage of multiple modalities for enhanced performance
- Flexibility to seamlessly configure biometric transactions as finger only, iris only or multimodal
- Fully scalable solution with limited initial infrastructure